About Fashionably Austin
Launched in 2009, Fashionably Austin has been and continues to be Austin’s exclusive Austin fashion news site. The content features fashion news and events from our fashionable city keeping you entertained and informed about the fashion happenings around town. The Fashionably Austin crew has also covered fashion shows from the largest stages from New York and Paris Fashion Weeks.
Founder Cheryl Bemis brought the Austin fashion scene to the forefront when she launched the first weekly fashion segment for then News 8 Austin in 1999 (now Spectrum News). She featured the fashionable, creative and local events to the viewing audience for more than five years. Cheryl wanted to continue to cover the Austin fashion industry and launched the Fashionably Austin site.
Cheryl has been involved in all facets of the fashion industry from retail, photography, production, marketing and more. She received an Austin Fashion Week Trailblazer Award in 2013.
What the NEW Fashionably Austin Marketplace Will Do For You!
In keeping with the Fashionably Austin tagline, “Local Fashion. Connected”, this new platform will
- Feature your inventory which you will manage yourself.
- Will allow new viewers to browse, click and buy your products.
- Give you a broader spectrum of buyers from a reliable and reputable fashion platform.
- Plans are for a marketing push on several layers to help drive traffic to the new Marketplace.
What the Fashionably Austin Website Will Do For You!
The Fashionably Austin fashion news site remains focused to promote, share and stay on the fashion pulse of the Austin Fashion community.
As a part of The Fashionably Austin Marketplace you will have the option to receive:
- Editorial articles about your product
- Editorial articles about your retail business
- Advertising ad banners on pages of the Fashionably Austin website
- Event promotion
- Social media promotion
- Email blasts
- Video production and photography services, if needed
- Event promotion
- OR just be a part of the platform to sell your product
Yes! I would love to be a part of the Marketplace…How do I sign up as a vendor?
- Go to the Fashionably Austin site and click on Fashionably Austin Marketplace on the top bar.
- Click on “Register”
- Fill out and submit the vendor information form
- You will receive a pre-approval email to set up your password
- Once approved, you will complete the set up of your account
- You will add your photos, price and properly describe up to 12 products. You can additionally add a bio, and logo of your brand.
- Once submitted to Fashionably Austin, your products will be reviewed for final approval for the Marketplace.
- You will be supplied with your own Fashionably Austin Marketplace URL to market your products on the web.
- You will have access to a backend sales reporting and analytic system to track everything from incoming orders, fulfillment, etc.
- NOTE: Support documentation and training will also be sent to you to help you successfully load your inventory or you can contact us by email or phone.
Let’s Talk Money and Terms
Yep, we have to discuss the business stuff. It’s important for you as a vendor to get the majority of the sale since you are the designer. The platform commission will be finalized and agreed upon between both parties before your products are live on the site.